24 YAK-130 of Bangladesh coming in 2015
|YAK-130 of Bangladesh Air Force|
Bangladesh signed a deal of $1.5 Billion with Russia which includes 24 Advanced Jet Trainer.Russia asked $23 Million per Yak-130 Aircraft but reduced to $15 Million after Bangladesh's request.
Bangladesh also opted out of its initial plans to purchase eight advanced Mig-29SMT fighter jets because of their $500 million price tag.
The price of 24 Yak-130 is $360 Million.
Yak-130 also has nine hard points: two wingtip, six under-wing and one beneath the centre fuselage. It can carry a wide range of modern weapons and other stores, including external wing combat fuel tanks, bombs weighing up to 500kg (1,100lb), TV homing/cockpit-displayed guided bombs, rockets, a twin 23mm gun pod, R-73 infrared-homing air-to-air missiles, and electronic countermeasures pods and chaff and flare dispensers, up to a maximum combat load of 3,000kg.
The type also has a head-up display (HUD) and a helmet-mounted sighting system (HMSS) with a double GPS/GLONASS receiver updating a laser ring gyro inertial navigation system for highly accurate navigation and precision targeting. This transforms its capability into a highly potent light ground attack/fighter.
The Yak-130 - the Russian air force's advanced flight and tactical combat trainer - prepares student pilots to fly and fight in the latest frontline fighter and fighter/bomber types, including the RSK MiG-29/35 and Sukhoi's Su-27/30/34/35 series and, in the future, the PAK-FA T-50.
- Crew: 2 pilots
- Length: 11.49 m (37 ft 8 in)
- Wingspan: 9.72 m (31 ft 10 in)
- Height: 4.76 m (15 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 23.52 m² (253.2 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 4,600 kg (10,141 lb)
- Loaded weight: 6,350 kg (14,000 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 10,290 kg (22,685 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Progress AI-222-25 turbofan, 24.52 KN (5,512 lbf) each
- Maximum speed: 1,050 km/h (644 mph)
- Cruise speed: 887 km/h (551 mph)
- Stall speed: 165 km/h (103 mph)
- Range: 2,546 km (1,582 miles)
- Service ceiling: 12,500 m (42,660 ft)
- Rate of climb: 50 m/s (10,000 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 276.4 kg/m² (56.60 lb/sq ft)
- Thrust/weight: 0.78
Twin 23mm Gun
|Yak-130 of Bangladesh Air Force|