Bangladesh Air Force has ordered 9 JL-8 Jet Trainer Aircraft from China
The Hongdu JL-8 (Nanchang JL-8), also known as the Karakorum-8, is a two-seat intermediate jet trainer and light attack aircraft designed in the People's Republic of China.
The news was confirmed by Alan Warnes.These aircraft will be based at Jessore and will replace L-39ZA.
Currently Bangladesh Air Force has 7 L-39ZA.
These aircraft will arrive in 2015-2016.
Bangladesh Air Force is also getting 24 Yak-130 Advanced Jet Trainer in 2015
- Guns: 1× 23 mm cannon pod (mounted on centreline hardpoint)
- Hard points: 5, total capacity 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) external fuel and ordnance:
- 4× under-wing, capacity 250 kg each
- 1× under-fuselage (23 mm cannon pod mount)
- Rockets: 57 mm unguided rocket pods, capacity 24 rounds (2 x pods with 12 rounds each)
- Air-to-air missiles: PL-5, PL-7
- Bombs: 200 kg, 250 kg unguided bomb, BL755 cluster bomb
- 2× 80 gal fuel drop-tanks mounted on outboard under-wing hardpoints